Weekly Wrap Up
I know I am probably the only person alive who does his weekly wrap up on Tuesdays, but hey, that is just how I roll…
First things first, no one has thrown out the burgers, so…
Is David Zinczenko an Idiot?
I was a little surprised to find the number of David Zinczenko searches ending up at my blog. Not only a bunch of ‘David Zinczenko’–straight up–but actually a whole lot of ‘david zinczenko idiot’ and some ‘david zinczenko bad advice’… I am quite excited to say that I don’t think it is a increase in David Zinczenko searches, rather, an increase in how high I am on the google search for David Zinczenko… go figure! I am now on page 2 of google searches for him and actually coincidentally all over the first page for ‘David Zinczenko idiot’. I love the first entry for the search ‘David Zinczenko idiot’ by the way, found here. My favorite line:
6. An unrelated side note: foods are “healthful,” not “healthy.” People are healthy. Get your grammar straight, you idiot.
Remind me not to cross Whitney by the way because I had no idea that foods were healthful and not healthy, but it makes a lot of sense!
There is another possibility as to why David Zinczenko is showing up with the moniker idiot next to his name. Yahoo! Health, the million hit maker of webnews has once again run another David Zinczenko story… this one is the Chocolate Milk Diet… This unimaginably stupid article includes such chestnuts as:
- Well, if your teacher gave you chocolate milk as a lunchtime treat, she was (unknowingly) giving you one of the most powerful weight-loss tools in the nutritional universe.
- Each bottle delivers a package of micro- and macronutrients that can help you shake off body flab and replace it with firm muscle.
- And don’t forget, you can still melt those 18 pounds of belly fat without giving up your favorite foods. You just need to make smart swaps, and we’ve got 10 new ones right here. You’ll lose weight faster than ever—again, with ever dieting again.
- That’s because muscle burns more calories than fat, so for every new muscle fiber you create, your resting metabolism receives another surge of fat-torching energy.
- …and its natural sweetness helps push more energy into your muscles.
The thing is, chocolate milk has been found to be a pretty good energy drink for working out. Milk has been shown to increase muscle building after workouts as well. But claims of surges of fat-torching energy and one of the most powerful weight-loss tools in the nutritional universe?!?! What an idiot! It is this kind of hyperbole that we have to stop. It isn’t helping anyone. David Zinczenko is an editor of a magazine, a crappy magazine that oversells fitness as easy, just like this article does. Yahoo! Health news loves to print these stupid articles and they do every couple of days, another fitness miracle that David Zinczenko peddles that will make you lose 10, 12 or 18 pounds without any work on your part… Thanks Yahoo! Health News, for republishing this crap to millions of readers you should be taken out to the back of the internet and beaten with a virtual rubber hose… By the way Yahoo! Health News, I would forgive you all of your trespasses if you would like to make me one of your weightloss experts and print my posts… I don’t think I will be quite as prolific as David Zinczenko, nor as effective as using words like fat-torching and such… Just think it over, you don’t have to answer right away.
On a side note, I was pretty sure that I didn’t even use the word idiot to describe David Zinczenko until I came across my blog entry, ‘I am so tired of idiots and idiotic advice‘. Oh well…. maybe I did use that word. By the way, my definition of an idiot is anyone who uses the words fat-torching in a sentence, but you will have to decide what you think of him on your own…
My Twitter Rating
I played around with my twitter ratings. There are a bunch of sites. It was fun, but I don’t know if I learned anything. As for my favorite, I think it is TwitterGrader because my rating looked good there… 98.4 out of 100. Yes, I know how pathetic it is to pick as a favorite an app that tells you what you want to hear! This all started because I am 319 on the Twoplist for Vancouver bloggers and I wanted to look for other good news…. 319 is actually pretty good… are you listening Yahoo! Health News…
Rotting Fast Food Fries
Finally, I am looking into a french fry rotting experiment, but it appears that things are a little more complicated with rotting french fries. Tune in later to find out why….