I was browsing through my wife’s magazine and came across this interesting meal in Bon Appetit. I have changed some of the portions listed in the recipe, but you can get the original here. This is a more complicated recipe than I normally recommend, and I personally would skip the whole coriander seeds. I subscribe to the simple is better theory, but this is a whole meal in one and looks pretty good. I might barbecue some asparagus spears to go with this one too.
- 4 nectarines, pitted, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoon minced seeded serrano chile
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 4-ounce salmon fillets with skin
- Additional olive oil (for brushing)
- 2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds, coarsely cracked, divided
Mix first 7 ingredients in medium bowl. Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush salmon with oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander; press to adhere. Grill salmon until slightly charred and just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to plates. Top with salsa and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon coriander.